The Advantages of YTONG
- Performs well in earthquakes – Thanks to its low weight and its plastic deformation properties the destructive force of earthquakes can be minimised.
For example the Kobe Earthquake in 1995:
Total number of AAC Buildings = 5,578
Number destroyed = 0
Damaged due to neighboring buildings = 43
Slight damage by fire due to previous 1981 building code = 386
Source: Asahi Chemical Construction Materials Ltd
- Environmentally friendly and non-toxic – From the manufacturing process to shipment, construction, and waste disposal AAC is in ecological balance.
- Good sound absorption – Effective sound barrier. The natural air cushion formed in the high-pressure steam curing of AAC can absorb the most possible noise.
- Ensures high standard of well-being – AAC reduces temperature differences and humidity fluctuations and so ensures a comfortable and healthy room atmosphere.
- Excellent workability – It is easy to erect a solid masonry structure quickly and precisely. Only few tools and implements are necessary.
- Outstanding thermal insulation – Keeps buildings cool in summer and warm in winter saving on heating and air-conditioning.
- High fire rating – AAC is resistant to high temperatures for a longer period of time than any other solid building material. AAC is especially chosen for fireproof walls in commercial buildings.
YTONG has been successfully developed and implemented as a building system for more than 80 years, in residential and commercial applications.
The short and long-term benefits of these systems are realized by owners, developers, designers and contractors. The benefits are achieved by the various material properties and methods that are associated with the established approach to construction.
For the Owner
One of the main benefits of YTONG is safety. An owner using YTONG Blocks creates a sound, functional and safe building. Another benefit of the YTONG Building System is versatility. YTONG can provide many architectural features that will enhance and project a unique architectural image for the building and its owner. YTONG construction is insect and termite proof. Therefore, the need for expensive insect and pest treatment as well as long term maintenance costs will be greatly reduced. Furthermore, the superior thermal properties associated with all of the YTONG products will translate into increased energy savings.
For the Developer
The cost savings realized when using YTONG products, mainly related to the shorter construction time, will be dramatic. The advantages of YTONG include low maintenance costs, good sound insulation and excellent thermal insulation. It easily meets energy codes.
For the Designer
Creative designs cannot be realized without the use of a highly adaptable construction material. YTONG can be adapted to suit most architectural designs while still providing a simple construction system that can meet all load requirements.
For the Contractor
Buildings can be constructed quickly and safely using YTONG building systems. The product itself is lightweight; therefore easily handled. YTONG’s workability (e.g. anchoring, routing, and drilling characteristics) is well developed and can be easily performed. YTONG material also produces less waste. By using the right combination of YTONG products, productivity will be increased. YTONG will reduce the amount of time spent on job sites due to its ease of handling.
All these factors relate to cost, time and labour savings for the project.